If you want an easy vegan lunch that’s tasty and satisfying, our vegan Mediterranean wrap recipe hits all the flavour notes and is super easy to assemble.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
Roasted vegetables are so enjoyable when softened and browned in the oven. They are also so simple and easy to make. This vegan wrap recipe takes roasted vegetables and adds other ingredients to make a healthy vegan lunch work so well.
We have added a layer of sun-dried tomato purée, spinach, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, black olives and basil to make a tangy and satisfying wrap. If you can’t find sun-dried tomato purée, you can blend sun-dried tomatoes into a paste.
The vegan Mediterranean wrap recipe serves four, but if you’re cooking for one and you have any leftover roasted vegetables, keep them in the fridge and mix them through some couscous for another easy vegan lunch.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 0.25 0.25 small courgette, thickly sliced
- 0.25 0.25 red or yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1 soft vegan flatbreads
- 1.5 1.5 Tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 21.25 21.25 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 1 artichoke hearts in oil, quartered
- 2 2 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, quartered
- 4 4 black olives, stoned and halved
- 0.25 0.25 handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Place the courgette and pepper on a baking sheet, pour over the oil and toss together so that the vegetables are well coated. Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until softened and beginning to brown. Remove from the oven.
- Spread each flatbread with a thin layer of sun-dried tomato purée. Shred the spinach and divide it between the flatbreads.
- Mix the roast vegetables together with the artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and basil in a large bowl. Divide the mixture between the flatbreads, spreading the filling evenly on top of the shredded spinach. Roll the flatbreads up tightly, slice in half and serve immediately.
Are you bored of falafel sandwiches for lunch?
Discover 10 tasty vegan sandwiches for healthy lunches that aren’t falafel.