Easy Flatbreads With Pea & Mint Dip
When it comes to savoury snacks or light lunches, it's hard to beat the enjoyment of tucking into some homemade bread with a tasty dip.
Nikki Webster from Rebel Recipes shares her recipe for super simple flatbreads you can make in minutes served with a fresh pea and mint dip.
- Pea & mint dip
- 62.5 62.5 g peas defrosted by running them in a sieve under the tap
- 3 3 g fresh mint
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 0.125 0.125 tsp sea salt
- option to add 1/2 avocado
- Easy flatbread
- 50 50 g flour
- pinch sea salt
- 25 25 ml water
- 0.125 0.125 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp coconut yogurt or plantbased yogurt
To make the pea dip:
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender and blitz briefly to a chunky mash.
To make the flatbread:
- To make the gram flour flatbread; pre-heat a griddle pan (or frying pan) so that its nice and hot.
- In a bowl mix the flour, oil, baking powder, salt & pepper and then add the water and coconut yogurt . Mix to form a dough and knead a little so that it comes together.
- On a floured chopping board roll out the dough and then place on a griddle pan (griddle pans work the best as you get lovely charred stripes on the flatbread but a frying pan also works).
- The flatbread will literally cook in a couple of minutes, simply flip it over when the underside is starting to char and cook on the other side a minute or so longer.