Roast Potatoes with Seasonal Salad & Cranberry Sauce
If you ask us, the best part of a Sunday roast is roast potatoes! With their crisp exterior and fluffy interior, it’s impossible not to go back for a second helping!
Typically made animal fat, these vegan roast potatoes are completely animal-free but every bit as delicious. Serve them alone or with a side salad made with seasonal produce and a sprinkling of nuts for extra crunch. This delicious vegan roast potato recipe also features a sweet cranberry sauce recipe that’s the perfect accompaniment at Christmas or anytime you want to add another element to your plate.
- 500 500 g potatoes chopped in random shapes or leftover roast potatoes
- 1 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 0.5 tsp sea salt
- For the cranberry sauce:
- 75 75 g coconut sugar
- 100 100 ml fresh orange juice
- 250 250 g pack fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- For the salad:
- 2 2 big handfuls mixed salad
- 3 3 Tbsp hazelnuts toasted
- 2 2 tsp capers
To roast the potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees/gas mark 4.
- Add the potatoes to a roasting tray then toss to coat them on olive oil, garlic powder & salt. Roast for approx 40 -50 minutes until crispy on the outside and soft inside.
To make the dressing;
- Add all the ingredients to a jar and shake to combine.
To make the cranberry sauce:
- Add the orange juice & sugar to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Now stir in the cranberries, simmer for approx 5-6 minutes.
- Spoon into a mason jar to allow to cool and thicken.
- Add the leaves and potatoes to a serving bowl, dress with the cranberry dressing, toasted hazelnuts and capers.