Creamy fudge that melts in your mouth is such a treat, and this vegan vanilla fudge by Bosh! does exactly that! We’ll warn you now, you’ll find it hard to stop at one square…
Creamy vegan vanilla fudge
Creamy Vanilla Fudge Recipe, taken from BOSH.TV the first ever vegan cookbook to get to number one in the UK.
- 450g caster sugar
- 400g coconut cream
- 50g coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extra or vanilla powder
- ½ tsp of salt
1. Line a 20 x 20cm cake tin with baking parchment. Tip the sugar, coconut cream and coconut oil into a large saucepan. Place over a medium heat and stir to dissolve the sugar and melt the coconut cream.
2. Once dissolved, put a sugar thermometer in the pan, making sure the end is completely covered by the mixture. Increase the heat and bring to a boil. Keep bubbling, stirring occasionally to stop the sugar from catching, until the mixture reaches 120C .
3. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to sit, undisturbed, for 5 mins, until the temperature drops to 110C. Stir in the vanilla and salt.
4. Keep the sugar thermometer in the pan and begin beating the mixture with a wooden spoon, quite vigorously, until the temperature cools to about 60C.
5. Before it sets completely, quickly pour the fudge into your prepared tin and smooth over the surface. Leave to cool at room temperature overnight. Cut into bite-sized pieces, it will keep in a sealed container for up to 2 months.
This article contains affiliate links.