Enjoy an explosion of flavours with this delicious, tangy vegan Costa Rican tofu curry. Served with a zingy mango salsa for a proper feast!
Enjoy an explosion of flavours with this delicious, tangy Costa Rican tofu curry. Served with a zingy mango salsa for a proper feast!
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 300 g tofu
- 1 sachet of Santa Maria Costa Rican Coconut Adobo Sauce
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 1 pack of Santa Maria Coconut & Chilli Rice
- fresh coriander (to garnish)
For the salsa
- 2 tomatoes
- ¼ mango
- 1 green chilli
- chopped coriander
- ½ red onion
- chopped chives or spring onions
- lime juice (to season)
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan. Add the tofu and sliced red onion and fry over high heat for 5 minutes (or based on instructions on tofu packaging).
- Reduce the heat, add the contents of the Coconut Adobo Sauce sachet and stir well.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- For the mango salsa, chop the ingredients into very small slices or chunks. Mix together in a bowl and season with fresh lime juice.
- Serve with Santa Maria Coconut & Chilli Rice, cooked according to the packet instructions, garnished with fresh coriander and mango salsa on the side.
For more delicious recipes and ideas, visit www.santamariaworld.com/uk/