There’s something really lovely about a dinner that you can chuck in a pot and leave to simmer before eating, leaving you more free time to enjoy your evening. This comforting winter stew is just that, and it’s packed with immune boosting veggies to help keep you feeling great in the colder months.
- 2 cans of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 300 g of mushrooms
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3 big carrots
- 1 clove of garlic
- Maple syrup
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1stp dried Basil
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- 1tsp dried Oregano
- 1tsp dried Parsley
- 250g of cooked basmati rice
- Start by frying your carrots with a bit of oil on a medium heat
- Then add the mushrooms, broccoli, garlic and season with salt and pepper
- Cook for 6-7 minutes until the mushrooms change to a darker color and then add the tomatoes and the herbs. Give the stew a quick taste and adjust your seasonings to your desired taste.
- Let the stew simmer on a low heat for 50 minutes until it’s thick.
- You can taste the sauce and always put more salt if you want, or if it’s too salty just dissolve with some water and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve on top of your fluffy basmati rice.