Top these super cinnamon flavoured vegan waffles with seasonal fruit and lashings of maple syrup for a delicious Sunday brunch – vegan style!
Cinnamon vegan waffles
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 20 minutes
- 100g chickpea (gram) flour
- 50g rice flour
- 1 tsp. sunflower or rapeseed oil
- 250mlProvamel Soya Unsweetened drink
- 75g agave syrup
- Pinch salt
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ lemon, juice and rind
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Extra sunflower or rapeseed oil for frying
- Make a batter by whisking together the flours, oil, Provamel Almond Unsweetened, agave syrup, pinch of salt and cinnamon until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice and lemon rind and leave to rest for at least 20 minutes or overnight in a fridge.
- Pre-heat your waffle/ iron maker.
- Add the baking powder and some extra Almond Unsweetened if necessary.
- Brush the waffle maker or a large frying pan with some oil and cook the waffles for 3-4 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
You can prepare the batter the evening before. Cooked waffles can be frozen and heated up in the toaster!