Cinnamon and Apple French Toastie
Starting your day with an apple and slice of toast is great, but why not take it to the next level and combine the two to make this epic cinnamon and apple French toastie?
Simply fry some chopped apples in a pan with a little oat milk, cinnamon and sugar and allow it to caramelise before adding in the blackberries. You then fry the bread in the spiced fruit syrup in the pan and combine the two together to create a delicious vegan toastie.
- 2 2 large apples
- 120 120 ml Califia Oat Drink
- 0.5 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 50 50 g blackberries (optional)
- 2 2 slices thick farmhouse bread
- 2 2 scoops coconut yogurt
- Chop the apples, then add to a deep frying pan with the Califia Oat Drink, cinnamon and brown sugar and bring to a medium heat.
- Stew for around 10 minutes.
- If you’re adding berries, add to the pan after around 5 minutes and heat for a further 5 minutes.
- Push the apples and berries to one side of the pan and add the two slices of bread, frying them in all of the fruit juice. If your pan isn’t big enough simply scoop the apples and berries out into a separate bowl.
- Once toasted on one side, flip the bread over and add the berries and apples to one slice then layer on top the second slice of bread to create the toastie.
- Slice in half and serve with coconut yoghurt!
Feeling hungry before lunch?
Try these healthy yet filling vegan lunch recipes!