Making a crumble doesn’t always have to be a lengthy process. You can make a fairly quick and easy crumble if you’ve got some granola lying around. Simply top with a layer of stewed fruit and cream for a deliciously easy sweet treat.
Chilled peach granola crumble
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter (heaped spoonful )
- 4-5 peaches (stoned and cut into pieces)
- 75 g sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- small pinch chilli powder
- 240 g granola
- 150 ml vegan cream
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the peaches, sugar and spices. Cook for 10 minutes on a good simmer, until the peaches are soft and covered in a thick sauce.
- Allow to cool, and then chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Place about 50g of granola into the bottom of a serving dish, spoon on a quarter of the chilled peaches, pour a quarter of the cream onto the peaches and then sprinkle a little more granola on top. Repeat this for 4 servings.
You will need to leave the fruit filling in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving, preferably overnight.