This delicious dairy-free cherry ice cream, flavoured with rosewater and studded with dark chocolate chunks is the perfect grown-up treat for summer!
Cherry Ice Cream with Rosewater & Dark Chocolate
By Donna of Eighty20Nutrition.
Serves 12 | Prep Time 10 min | Cook Time 30 min
- 800g fresh cherries
- 1 tin coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp rosewater extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (use raw cacao chips for a vegan or dairy-free chocolate option, or chunks of raw chocolate)
- Remove the pips from the cherries and freeze overnight.
- Break up the frozen cherries, then in a food processor or blender, blitz really well with the can of coconut milk until smooth.
- Add the rosewater, maple syrup and lime juice, mix again.
- Pour into a freezable container, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Freezer for an hour or until firm, dish and serve.
- If you don’t like the taste of rosewater, simply leave it out…..(but you don’t know what you are missing!)