Char Sui Tofu Noodles
To celebrate National Tofu Day, have a go at making this delicious char sui tofu noodle recipe.
- 140 140 g Naked Tofoo
- 1 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1 tbsp cornflour
- 10 10 g sesame seeds
- 150 150 g ready cooked rice noodles
- 100 100 g choy sum
- 1 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 1 tbsp sweet sherry
- 0.5 0.5 tsp Chinese five spice
- 0.5 0.5 tbsp soy sauce
- Cut the Tofoo into strips, and coat with cornflour
- Heat a deep frying pan and fill 1.5 inches deep with oil. When the oil is hot enough add
the Tofoo strips and fry until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat a fresh frying pan and dry fry the sesame seeds until golden. Transfer to a bowl
and put to one side
- In the same frying pan, add 2 tbsp oil then the char sui sauce ingredients
- Stir fry for a couple of minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly
- Add the noodles and choy sum and stir fry until well combined and warmed enough
through, then add the Tofoo
- Serve sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds
This recipe was provided by The Tofoo Co.