Caramelised Onion Dahl
This delicious Onion Dahl recipe is packed with flavour and a kick of spice.
- 0.25 0.25 tsp Vita Coco coconut oil
- 0.5 0.5 onions
- 0.5 0.5 cloves garlic
- 0.25 0.25 tsp ground turmeric
- 0.25 0.25 tsp ground cumin
- 0.125 0.125 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 0.25 0.25 tbsp medium curry paste
- 75 75 g dried red lentils
- 0.25 0.25 litre hot vegetable stock
- handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- generous pinch of salt
- In a large pan, heat the oil until it becomes liquid and sliced onions over a medium-high heat
for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until the onions are golden brown.
Remove half of the cooked onions from the pan, and set them aside.
- Add the garlic, turmeric, cumin and chilli flakes into the remaining onions and cook for 1
minute. Then stir in the curry paste until combined.
- Pour in the red lentils and half of the stock, then simmer over a medium heat for 10
minutes. After 10 minutes, add in the remaining stock and simmer until the liquid has
absorbed, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the reserved caramelised onions and flat leaf
parsley. Season to taste with sea salt. Serve hot.
This recipe was created by Katy Beskow and Holland & Barrett.