BBQ Pulled Mushroom Burger
Mushrooms are a marvellous meat replacement and are perfect for those who want to enjoy a meaty burger without using mock meats. Pulling and shredding the mushrooms is a great way to create the texture of pulled pork with all of the flavour and none of the cruelty. Give it a try and see with this delicious BBQ pulled mushroom burger recipe.
- 1.5 1.5 Tesco Vitamin D Enriched Portobello Flat Mushrooms
- 0.5 0.5 white onion, diced
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 0.5 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 0.5 tsp cayenne
- 0.5 0.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp maple
- 1 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Remove the mushroom stalks and turn upside down so the top is facing down on a chopping board and shred the mushrooms using 2 forks.
- Fry the onion in olive oil for 5 mins followed by the spices and shredded mushrooms. Season and fry for a further 5 minutes. Next add the tomato, maple syrup and vinegar, simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Mash 1/2 the avocado and season then assemble the burger with the mushrooms, mashed avocado and lettuce.