This fresh and fruity raw acai and summer fruit cheesecake is fresh, fruity and jam-packed with wholesome ingredients to make you feel as good as it tastes!
Acai & summer fruit raw cheesecake
Recipe by Indigo Herbs (www.indigo-herbs.co.uk)
Serves: 16 slices | Prep time: 1 hr 10 mins | Storage: Keep in the fridge
For the base:
- 150g unsalted almonds
- 100g dried dates, pitted
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
For the main filling:
- 400g raw unsalted cashew nuts soaked overnight in plenty of water
- 140g coconut oil, melted
- juice of 2 lemons (100ml)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 100g maple syrup
- 100g date paste made from 80g dates soaked in water overnight then blended
Fruit layer one:
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 3 tsp raspberry powder
Fruit layer two:
- 3 Tbsp acai powder
- ½ ripe banana
- 50g blackberries or blueberries
For the topping:
Raspberry chia jam:
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. plant milk
- 20g raw unsalted cashew nuts soaked overnight in plenty of water,
- Fresh berries to decorate
Soak the 400g of cashews for the main filling, 20g cashews for topping and 80g of the dates separately in just enough water to cover them.
Base & filling:
- Place almonds and dried dates into food processor and blitz until it forms a sort of dough that sticks together. Add the melted tbsp. of coconut oil to help the blender move. Press this mixture firmly into 22cm springform cake tin and freeze for minimum 15-20 mins.
- Meanwhile drain the cashews and blitz in food processor to form a paste, add the melted coconut oil and lemon juice to add liquid, then add the sea salt, maple syrup, and date paste and keep blending until everything is combined and smooth.
- Now divide your main filling mix into 2 bowls, to mix the different coloured fruit layers.
- To the first layer add the fresh raspberries and raspberry powder and blend until combined then pour this mixture over the frozen base and tap down cake tin and press hard to remove air bubbles. Use the back of a wet spoon to smooth as even as possible. Place in the freezer to harden for minimum 15 mins whilst you make the next layer.
- To the next layer add the acai powder and blue/blackberries as well as the ½ banana and blend until combined well. Pour this mixture over frozen other layers and smooth out the top with a cold wet spoon again. Freeze for 15 mins minimum before decorating the top.
- To make the raspberry chia jam – blend 100g fresh raspberries with 2 tbsp. of dried chia seeds and 1 tsp. of maple syrup and blend until thick but spreadable. Use to create a 4th layer on your cake, it will set slowly over the next 20 minutes.
- To make the cashew cream – Drain the 20g of soaked cashew nuts and place it in the blender with 1 tbsp. of plant milk and blend together until a “single cream” type consistency is achieved, add a dash more milk if required. This will “drizzle nicely over your cake.
- Return whole cake to the freezer for at least 3 hrs or overnight.
- Decorate with fresh berries before serving.