Schär are experts in creating delicious gluten-free food. Our aim is to create tasty and nutritious products, with a focus on product quality and safety. That’s why Schär are the number 1 gluten-free brand in the UK.
Within our range of gluten-free foods, we have some delicious products also suitable for vegans, covering every meal occasion. From bread to savoury snacks and biscuits for that all important tasty treat!
We use the best quality raw ingredients, including ancient grains, nutritious seeds and alternative flours, whilst avoiding the use of artificial preservatives.
Our Wholesome Vitality loaf is high in fibre, with a tasty blend of millet and quinoa, and baked using gluten-free sourdough for a delicious artisan taste and softer texture. Try our tasty recipe below using our Vitality Loaf.
Fishless Finger Double Decker Sandwich
Being both gluten-free and vegan doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy vegan versions of classic comfort food favourites such as fishless finger sandwiches.
With Schär’s range of gluten-free breads, you can create your own fish-free fingers for your vegan fishless finger sandwiches!
- 100g gluten-free breadcrumbs*
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 sheet Nori Seaweed
- Extra firm Tofu sliced
- 4-5 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- Oil for frying
- 3 slices Schär Wholesome Vitality Loaf
- 2 tbsp Schär Mix it! Universal (GF flour mix)
- 8 slices tomato
- Vegan tartare sauce (optional)
- Mix together the bread crumbs, nutritional yeast and onion powder and place onto a saucer
- Cut the seaweed into 8, 6cm x ½ cm strips
- Slice the extra firm tofu into 4 x 1cm slices, place the flour and mayonnaise onto separate saucers and using a knife spread a little of the mayonnaise onto the tofu and stick the seaweed onto each side
- Dip the fingers into the flour, then into the mayonnaise then lastly into the breadcrumbs ensuring the fingers are well coated at each stage
- Gently fry each finger for 2 minutes each side and drain on kitchen paper
- Spread the tartare sauce onto the bread and place on 2 of the fishless fingers, followed by the lettuce and tomato, and place a piece of the bread on top, repeat and top with the final piece of bread.
* Schär White Ciabatta Rolls work best
Find Schär’s products in the free-from section of most supermarkets. Subject to availability.
Discover more: www.schaer.com/en-uk/a/vegan-products
*Source: IRI, Top 6 Retailers. Total Gluten Free 52 w/e 7th Nov 2020
This post is sponsored by Schär