Sainsbury's is upping its game this Veganuary with the launch of a huge new selection of vegan products in its Plant Pioneers range.
Sainsbury’s has seen a 40% year on year increase in spend on plant-based alternatives, so it’s no surprise that the retailer is upping its game this Veganuary with the launch of a newly expanded range of vegan products -Plant Pioneers.
The new range is comprised of over 31 products and includes a number of store cupboard products such as banana blossom and a selection of flavoured jackfruit products to provide “innovative solutions to meat at mealtimes.”
Eagled eyed shoppers will have noticed a number of Plant Pioneers products have already been rolled out to stores this year such as vegan steaks and bacon rashers.
The supermarket chain was the first in the UK to introduce pulled jackfruit to customers in 2018, and this January it’s adding a selection of new deliciously flavoured jackfruit products.
The Peking No Duck Jackfruit is the perfect addition to Chinese pancakes with cucumber and spring onions whilst the Mexican Style Jackfruit is ideal for use in tacos and fajitas.
Give Middle-Eastern inspired dishes a lift with the Spicy No Lamb Shawarma Jackfruit or try the new Sweet and Smoky BBQ Jackfruit served in a buddha bowl or on a bun.
Plant Pioneers Range
The full range includes an array of fresh and frozen products including:
- Plant Pioneers 2 Vegan Steaks 227g – £3.00
- Plant Pioneers Smoky Vacon Lardons 100g – £2.00
- Plant Pioneers 8 Smoky Vacon Rashers 88g – £2.00
- Plant Pioneers Shroomballs 246g – £2.50
- Plant Pioneers 6 Vegan Fishless Fingers 210g – £2.75
- Plant Pioneers 6 Hot & Spicy Goujons 210g – £2.75
- Plant Pioneers Southern Fried Bites 200g – £2.50
- Plant Pioneers 6 Cumberland Shroomdogs® – £2.50
- Plant Pioneers 6 Caramelised Onion Shroomdogs® – £2.50
- Plant Pioneers 6 Chorizo Shroomdogs® – £2.50
- Plant Pioneers Smoky ‘Jack’ Quarter Pounder – £2.50
- Plant Pioneers Shroomdogs® & Mash – £3.00
- Plant Pioneers Shroomballs® & Spaghetti – £3.00
- Plant Pioneers Peking No Duck Jack Fruit 150g – £2.00
- Plant Pioneers Spicy No Lamb Shawarma Jackfruit 150g – £2.00
- Plant Pioneers Mexican Style Jackfruit 150g – £2.00
- Plant Pioneers Sweet & Smoky BBQ Jackfruit 150g – £2.00
- Plant Pioneers Banana Blossom in Water 400g – £1.20
- Plant Pioneers Young Jackfruit in Water 400g – £1.20
- Plant Pioneers 8 Meat Free Burgers 454g – £1.75
- Plant Pioneers 2 Ultimate Plant Burgers 210g – £2.00
- Plant Pioneers Meat Free Chicken Style Nuggets 320g – £1.75
- Plant Pioneers 2 Vegan Cheddar Style Kievs 246g – £1.75
- Plant Pioneers Meat Free Mini Sausage Rolls 494g- £1.75
- Plant Pioneers 20* Meat Free Meatballs 380g – £1.75
- Plant Pioneers Meat Free Mince 500g- £1.75
- Plant Pioneers Meat Free Style Chicken Pieces 300g- £1.75
- Plant Pioneers 10 Cumberland Shroomdogs® 500g – £3.50
In a statement sent to Vegan Food & Living, Charlotte Gledhill, Product Developer for Chilled and Frozen Plant Pioneers, said: “With more than seven million vegetarians in Britain and the meteoric rise of the flexitarian lifestyle, Britain has certainly got the taste for meat alternatives at mealtimes.
“Our new range of plant-based products provide innovative and truly delicious options to take the hassle out of cooking flexitarian. In 2019 we were awarded Best Vegan Supermarket by Vegan Food UK and Best Vegan Sausage for our Chorizo Shroomdogs by PETA. We hope to maintain our position as a leading provider of plant-based alternatives in 2020.”
The new range of Sainsbury’s Plant Pioneers products launches in-store and online from 1st January 2020 and can be found in the fresh, frozen and canned veg aisles.