Sainsbury’s is expanding its vegetarian and vegan ranges ahead of Veganuary, introducing 25 new plant-based products.
Ahead of what is set to be a record-breaking Veganuary, Sainsbury’s supermarket has launched 25 new delicious plant-based products to give people going vegan this January plenty of choice and options of what to eat.
The latest additions to Sainsbury’s plant-based product offering comes as a response to soaring demand, and the supermarket now offers over 100 products for customers looking for meat-free options.
From succulent ‘smoky’ Jackfruit Quarter Pounders with a satisfying meaty texture, to mouth-watering vegan Chorizo-Style Shroomdogs, and Sainsbury’s break-out star – the ‘Shroomdog’ – back in party-ready cocktail size as the ‘Shroompup’, these delectable new plant-based alternatives are enough to entice even the most carnivorous of customers.
Succulent and juicy, these meat-free alternatives are perfect for those looking to enjoy all the flavour and texture of meat in plant-based form.
The new chilled range will be joined by convenient, high quality frozen vegan products such as vegan ‘shrimp’ and ‘salmon’ Sophie’s Kitchen and frozen meal-kits from Lazy Vegan.
For the first time in the UK, the supermarket will also be stocking products from popular Canadian meat-alternative brand Gardein, including Fishless Filets and Classic Meatless Balls as well as Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n and Sizzling Szechuan Beefless Strips for the perfect plant-based stir fry.
Love Your Veg! pizzas
Sainsbury’s is also launching a range of plant-based pizzas that are sure to win over the whole family. Perfect for those who want a healthier alternative to their favourite mealtime treat, the Love Your Veg! pizza range includes three vegan pizzas that count towards one of your five a day, as well as being packed with fibre and protein.
From Spicy Masala Chickpea to Roasted Butternut & Charred Broccoli there’s a topping to please every pizza lover.
Check out all of the new vegan products included in the launch here:
Sainsbury’s Plant-based – Available in 300 stores nationwide and online from 31st December
- Sainsbury’s Love Your Veg! Shroomballs with Jackfruit 270g – £2.50
- Sainsbury’s Love Your Veg! ‘Smoky Jack’ Jackfruit Quarter Pounders x2 227g – £2.50
- Sainsbury’s Love Your Veg! ‘Shroompups’ Vegan Cocktail Sausages x14 250g – £2.25
- Sainsbury’s Love Your Veg! Vegan Chorizo-Style Shroomdogs x8 280g – £2.50
- Sainsbury’s Love Your Veg! Plain Falafels x8 200g – £1.50
- Upton’s Naturals Seitan Bacon 142g – £3
- Upton’s Naturals Italian Seitan 227g – £3
- Vivera Vivera Veggie Greek Kebab ‘Gyros’ 175g – £2.50
- Naturli’ Pea Protein Mince 400g – £3
Frozen Vegan – Available in 75 stores nationwide from 2nd January, and online from 21st January
- GARDEIN Golden Fishless Filets 288g – £3.50
- GARDEIN Seven Grain Crispy Tenders 255g – £3.50
- GARDEIN Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n 300g – £3.50
- GARDEIN Sizzling Szechuan Beefless Strips 300g – £3.50
- GARDEIN Classic Meatless Balls 360g – £3.50
- Lazy Vegan Mexicana Meal 350g – £2.25
- Lazy Vegan Provencale Meal 350g – £2.25
- Lazy Vegan Pulled Peaz Chunks (Natural) 280g – £3.50
- Lazy Vegan Pulled Peaz (Mediterranean) 280g – £3.50
- Sophie’s Kitchen Prawns 250Xg – £3.50
- Sophie’s Kitchen Smoked Salmon 113g – £3.50
Love Your Veg! pizzas – Available in 300 stores nationwide and online from 2nd January 2019
- Sainsbury’s Love Your Veg! BBQ Jackfruit & Mushroom Pizza 190g – £3.80
- Sainsbury’s Love Your Veg! Spicy Masala Chickpea Pizza 175g – £3.80
- Sainsbury’s Love Your Veg! Roasted Butternut & Charred Broccoli Pizza 185g – £3.80
- Sainsbury’s Love Your Veg! Beetroot Veg Pizza Base, 180g, £1.50 (vegetarian)
- Sainsbury’s Love Your Veg! Kale Pizza Base, 180g, £1.50 (vegetarian)
The new range of Sainsbury’s Love Your Veg! plant-based products launch in-store and online from 31st December and can be found in the chilled ready meals aisle. The Love Your Veg! pizzas will launch in-store and online on the 2nd January 2019 and can be found in the chilled Pizza bays. The Vegan Frozen range launches in store on the 2nd January 2019 and can be found in the frozen aisle, and online from the 21st January 2019.