From the 27th June Sainsbury’s vegetarian and vegan ranges will be increased significantly, with the launch of 21 new meat-free products, plus 4 now vegan lines!
Sainsbury’s have just increased their current range of meat-free products by 10%. From today (June 27th), over 21 new and innovative plant-based products will be available in-store and online.
The launch includes Naturli’s fresh meat-free mince and burgers, which are so realistic that they will be stocked in the meat aisle next to real beef mince – a first for UK supermarkets.
For those searching for a more realistic meat alternative, the supermarket is pleased to be the exclusive UK stockist of Naturli’ Minced and Naturli’ Patties.
Hailing from Scandinavia, these hotly anticipated products have been designed to look and taste like meat, with a strong umami flavour and texture playing a key focus, with the addition of the beetroot meaning the burger patties retain an authentic ‘redness’ when cooked.
The culmination of years of development is a natural, plant-based meatiness that’s set to take the UK flexitarian market by storm. As increasing numbers of customers are choosing to take a flexitarian approach to eating, Sainsbury’s will be the first UK retailer to sell these fresh meat-free products right next to their real meat counterparts in the chilled aisle in 400 stores.
Other meat-free products due to launch include the Vivera Pulled Veggie, Vivera fish burger and Tofurky Italian sausage.
Speaking about their decision to increase their meat-free offerings, Meat-Free Product Development Manager at Sainsbury’s, Rachael Matthews, said:
“There are already over 22 million flexitarians in the UK and we’re seeing more and more of our customers making plant-based foods a key part of their diet.
We have a dedicated team here at Sainsbury’s working on how we diversify our range of vegetarian and vegan products, across many different supermarket aisles – from exclusive chilled products through to Love Veg! ready meals and even quick options for on the go.
Breadth of choice is extremely important to us and our customers and we want to provide the same variety for meat lovers and plant lovers alike.”
NEW meat alternatives
- Naturli’ Minced – £3.00 (400g) Sainsbury’s exclusive
- Naturli’ Patties – £2.50 (200g) Sainsbury’s exclusive
- Linda McCartney Vegetarian Duck Kit – £4 (350g)
- Linda McCartney Vegetarian Scampi – £2.50 (180g)
- Vivera Pulled Veggie – £2.50 (175g)
- Vivera Veggie Burgers – £2.50 (200g)
- Vivera Veggie Mince – £2.50 (220g)
- Vivera Veggie Chicken Pieces – £2.50 (175g)
- Vivera Veggie Fish Burgers – £2.50 (200g)
- Tofurky Smokey Maple Bacon Tempeh – £3.50 (198g)
- Tofurky Hickory Smoked Deli Slices – £2.50 (156g)
- Tofurky Italian Sausage – £3.00 (250g)
- Tofurky Lightly Seasoned Chick’n – £3.50 (227g)
- Tofurky Oven Roasted Deli Slices – £2.50 (156g)
Additionally, the following popular Sainsbury’s products are now vegan:
- Sainsbury’s Vegan Spiced Cauli Burger – £2.00 (225g)
- Sainsbury’s Vegan Mix Burger – £2.00 (£220g)
- Sainsbury’s Vegan Caramelised Onion Sausages £2.25 (350g)
- Sainsbury’s Vegan Cumberland Shroomdog £2.25 (350g)