Kickers goes vegan with its new school shoes collection

Author: Molly Pickering

Read Time:   |  16th July 2022

Vegan Food & Living may earn commission from the links on this page, but we only ever share brands that we love and trust.

Kickers launch its first durable vegan school shoes range as part of its Back to School collection

Shoe brand Kickers has unveiled its first vegan school shoe range.

The Back to School collection features 6 black shoe styles made from 100% plant-based materials.

According to Kickers, the new vegan material is 5 times more durable than standard PU leather. Moreover, 75% of the material is made from cereals grown for non-food purposes, while the remaining 25% is made from synthetic materials.

The Back to School collection features Kickers’ signature hi trainers and classic school shoe styles like loafers and trainers.

Additionally, the range has been approved by the Vegan Society and PETA for its sustainable and cruelty-free materials.

Furthermore, prices for Kickers’ vegan school shoes start from £42 to £85 and the sizes range from infant size 5 to adult 8.

While some may question the quality of vegan leather alternatives, Kickers has confirmed that its new plant-based shoes are as durable as their leather range.

In a statement, the brand said: “Kickers’ plant-based material has gone through the same rigorous SATRA testing methods as the standard leather range.

“SATRA found its durability passed to the same industry standards as the leather range.”

In addition, the shoe brand confirmed its prices for its vegan shoes are like for like to its leather range.

Kickers vegan Back to School collection

Kickers vegan Back to School collection

Raising vegan kids

As more people switch to a plant-based diet, more parents are raising their children vegan.

There are a number of benefits to raising vegan children besides a healthy diet. A plant-based diet can teach your child compassion from an early age and help them have a better understanding of our food system.

What’s more, it’s a great opportunity to allow your young ones to get creative at meal times by helping prepare meals.

Whatever the reasons may be, introducing more whole food plant-based foods into your child’s life is sure to give them the best start.

Interested in raising your child vegan? Find out what healthy vegan children eat to keep them energised…

Feature image credit: Kickers

Written by

Molly Pickering

Molly is the Digital Executive and Podcast host at Anthem's Vegan Food & Living, she also works across other titles including Women's Running and Classic Pop to create affiliate content for the website. Starting out as a Digital Marketing Apprentice at Vegan Food & Living in 2021, within 14 months Molly was shortlisted for ‘Best Editorial Assistant’ at the BSME Talent Awards 2022 and won the BCS Special Recognition award for Digital Marketing Apprentice of the Year in 2022

We use cookies to give you a better experience on By continuing to use our site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies as set in our Cookie Policy.

OK, got it