Swedish brand Oumph!’s award-winning vegan meat-alternatives are now being stocked in Tesco stores across Ireland, including a vegan pizza.
The market for vegan products and alternatives to non-vegan options such as meat and cheese is booming, with more products being added to stores every day – there’s never been so much choice for those who eschew animal products.
Popular Swedish brand first launched their range of award-winning meat alternatives in 400 Tesco supermarket locations throughout Great Britain in 2018, and now they’re bringing a range of tasty meat-free products to Ireland for the first time.
Oumph! create their innovative plant-based products from a tasty blend of soya beans and organic herb and spice mixes. Not only are the products suitable for vegans, they’re also gluten-free too.
Five Oumph! products will launch in Tesco in Ireland initially, including Pulled Oumph!, Kebab Spiced, The Chunk, Salty & Smoky and Oumph! Pizza Italian Style.
- Oumph! Italian Style pizza (€5) – inspired by Italy with semi-dried tomatoes, rocket, thyme and garlic seasoned Oumph!, and organic and plant-based cheese. The pizza base is hand-stretched and baked in a wood-fired brick oven.
- Pulled Oumph! (€5) – Oumph! chunks in a flavourful BBQ sauce – delicious in tacos or burgers.
- Oumph! Kebab Spiced (€5) – Oumph! strips seasoned with a classic kebab spice mix – just add fresh vegetables and sauces to create your own plant-based kebab.
- Oumph! The Chunk (€5) – This is unseasoned for those who like to add their own herbs, spices and creativity to a dish. The Chunk contains only soya beans, water and a little salt. Oumph!
- Oumph! Salty & Smoky (€5) – With its salty, smoky and slightly sweet taste Oumph! Salty & Smoky is a perfect partner for brunch, served with American pancakes, or in a bagel. Try it with a full English breakfast, or in an Oumph! ‘O.L.T.’
In a statement, Head of Sales for Oumph! in the UK and Ireland, Nick Jacobs, said: “Having successfully launched with Tesco in the UK we are delighted that Tesco Ireland has also agreed to launch our delicious Oumph! products.
“This category is expanding rapidly and with more consumers trying to reduce their meat consumption, particularly in Veganuary, Oumph! is perfect for them, for vegetarians and for vegans too.”
Jenni Fisher, Frozen Buyer at Tesco Ireland, added: “We’re very pleased to bring the Oumph! range exclusively to customers in Ireland. We’re delighted to partner with Oumph! to bring high-quality exciting products to the vegan, vegetarian and flexitarian customer base in Ireland.”