This Autumn, Clapham will welcome its first vegan pop up restaurant with the launch of The Meet on 2nd November 2018.
A vegan pop-up restaurant offering indulgent plant-based comfort food combined with exclusively vegan cocktails is opening in Clapham North this Autumn.
Chef Dominic Taylor, the chef behind the new concept, has used creative cooking techniques to revamp popular dishes that are not traditionally vegan-friendly into indulgent vegan alternatives.
Dominic’s menu draws inspiration from a lively blend of cultural influences to create nourishing and flavoursome plates. Open daily, The Meet will offer a selection of small sharing plates, burgers, late night bites as well serving bottomless vegan brunch and Sunday roasts on the weekend.
Designed for a spectrum of tastes, the menu at The Meet offers a selection of indulgent and healthy dishes to please all pallets.
Early risers can enjoy a cold press juice or an ‘Upper’, a Chai seed and acai Bircher muesli pot or ‘Avo go’ of the crushed avocado on garlic sourdough toast topped with jalapeno-spiked pico de galo.
Diners at the pop-up looking for heartier meals can expect to find a delectable array of options on the menu, including a dish named ‘What a Mess’ – a smokey black bean, plantain and jackfruit chilli served messy with chips and cheese, topped with labneh and pico de galo, as well as the ‘Jerkin around’ dish which is described as Jerk style organic tofu, pineapple salsa, scotch bonnet mayonnaise and gem lettuce wholegrain wrap.
This new plant-based pop up also boasts an impressive drinks menu including freshly made pressed juices, vegan cocktails and a selection of vegan wines and craft beers.
The Meet’s specialist cocktail menu includes playful vegan reworkings of classic cocktails. The handcrafted drinks are made using the juice of unwaxed lemons and limes and William Fox Vegan syrup made from the Senegal Acacia Tree.
Examples from the cocktail menu include:
- Rhubarb & Vanilla Custard Martini – Finlandia Vodka, Rhubard syrup, Custard flavours, Cashew Milk & Ms Betters Miraculous Foamer – £9.70
- Machito – Bacardi Superior, Midori, Macha Powder with unwaxed lime juice and William Fox Vegan syrup with Ms Betters Miraculous Foamer – £9.70
- Meetini – Bols Genever, Macha Podwer, Cashew Milk, unwaxed lemon juice and William Fox Vegan Syrup with Ms Betters Miraculous Foamer – £9.70
- Violet Martini – Star of Bombay Gin, Violet liqueur, Maraschino liqueur and unwaxed lemon juice – £9.70
- Vegroni – Aged in Oak barrels for a minimum of 4 weeks and smoked. Aperol, Bombay Saphire and Dolin Rouge vegan Vermouth – £9.70
The Meet will take place every Tuesday to Sunday at Clapham hangout, Fu Manchu (15-16 Lendal Terrace, Clapham, London SW4 7UX) and will occupy an old railway arch of Clapham North.