Get started on your plant-based journey with Rob Hobson’s seven-day vegan meal plan for the perfect nutritional balance.
Vegan Meal Plan
Yoghurt and berries
150g (5¼oz) fortified coconut soya yoghurt topped with 1 handful of berries and 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds.
Combine ½ a cucumber (cored and finely diced), 2 tomatoes (seeds removed and finely diced), ¼ of a small red onion (finely diced), parsley (finely chopped), lemon juice and salt in a bowl.
Serve with 3 small falafel, 1 tbsp reduced-fat hummus and 1 dark rye cracker bread. Plus 1 handful of berries.
Warm lentil salad with roasted veg
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6 and roast 200g (7oz) beetroot (cubed) and 100g (3½oz) new potatoes (halved).
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a large frying pan and add ½ a garlic clove (chopped) and fry for 1 minute.
- Add ½ a pack of cooked puy lentils to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Combine the lentils with roasted veg, rocket, juice of ½ a lime and chopped dill. Serve with a dollop of coconut yoghurt.
Rice cracker with 1 level tbsp of nut butter.
Oat and berry bowl
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Place 75g (2½oz) oats in a bowl with 1 tsp olive oil and 25ml (¾fl oz) soya milk then mix.
- Spread the oats on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 12 minutes.
- When cool, place in a bowl with 1 tbsp flaked coconut and 1 tbsp goji berries. Pour over a ready made juice with beetroot. Top with coconut yoghurt.
1 pot of ready-made soup made with lentils or pulses. Sprinkle over 1 tbsp of mixed toasted seeds and serve with 1 slice of dark rye bread. Plus 1 handful of strawberries.
Tofu and bean tacos
- Heat a non-stick pan and add 80g (2¾oz) of tofu (squeezed dry and crumbled) and a pinch of turmeric then cook for 8 minutes.
- Add ½ a tin of pinto beans and 1 tsp of chipotle en adobo sauce then cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve mixture in two taco shells with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and chopped red onion.
25g (¾oz) unsalted mixed nuts
Banana and oat smoothie
Blend ½ a banana, 1 tbsp oats, 80g (2¾oz)frozen berries and 200ml (6¾fl oz) fortified oat milk to make a smoothie.
- Blitz ½ an avocado, 1 tsp olive oil, juice of ½ a lemon, 1 tbsp chopped chives, salt and pepper in a small food processor until smooth.
- In a bowl, add ½ a can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed), 1 tbsp toasted cashew nuts, 2 spring onions (finely sliced), 4 radishes (quartered), 100g (3½oz) cherry tomatoes (halved) and 1 large courgette (julienned with a peeler).
- Add the avocado dressing to the salad and combine well. Top with toasted sunflower seeds.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan and add ½ an onion (chopped). Fry for 6 minutes to soften and brown.
- Add ½ a carrot (finely diced), ½ a celery stick (sliced) and ½ a red pepper (finely diced). Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 garlic clove (crushed), 1 tbsp ginger (grated) and ½ a red chilli (chopped) and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 100g (3½oz) tinned pinto beans, 50g (1¾oz) tinned black beans, 50g (1¾oz) tinned red kidney beans, ¼ of a tin of cherry tomatoes, ¼ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp paprika and 50ml (1¾fl oz) water then simmer for 25 minutes until soft.
- Serve with a salad of ¼ of an avocado, red onion (finely chopped), lime juice, salt and coriander.
2 dates stuffed with almond butter (open each one, remove stone and fill with 1 tsp
of nut butter).
Berries on rye bread toast
1 slice of toasted dark rye bread topped with 2 tbsp coconut milk yoghurt (Coyo), a handful of blueberries, 1 tbsp toasted seeds, 1 tbsp crushed hazelnuts and 1 tsp agave.
Kale, walnut and quinoa salad
- Remove the tough stalks from 2 large handfuls of kale, chop, then place in a large bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil and 1 tsp lemon juice and massage the kale for a few minutes to soften.
- Add 1 small handful each of coriander (chopped) and flat-leaf parsley (chopped), 1 tsp toasted seeds, 1 small handful of walnuts (lightly crushed), 100g (3½oz) ready-cooked quinoa and grated zest of ½ a small orange.
- Now blitz together 1 tbsp light tahini, 1 tbsp light olive oil, ½ a garlic clove, 3 tbsp warm water, 2 tbsp orange juice, salt and black pepper.
- Dress the salad and save any left over dressing for another time.
Mushroom and tofu noodles
- Add 1 tsp light olive oil to a wok then stir-fry 75g (2¾oz) shiitake mushrooms.
- Add 50g (1¾oz) marinated tofu pieces and a handful of shredded cabbage. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add 150g (5¼oz) cooked noodles, ½ a chilli (sliced), 1 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce, 2 tsp mirin and cook for 1 minute.
- Garnish with sliced spring onions.
50g (1¾oz) guacamole with 1 red pepper (sliced).
Avocado on wholegrain toast
1 slice of wholegrain toast topped with 1 small mashed avocado, a squeeze of lime juice, coriander and 1 tsp pumpkin seeds.
Chilli sweet potato
- Mash ½ an avocado in a bowl with the juice of ½ a lime.
- Stir in ½ a chilli (chopped), 1 tomato (finely chopped), coriander (chopped), ½ a small red onion (finely chopped) and ½ a can of red kidney beans.
- Serve on top of 1 baked sweet potato.
Grilled tofu and quinoa salad
- In a bowl, add 125g (4½oz) ready to eat quinoa, 2 plum tomatoes (diced), ½ a yellow pepper (seeded and finely diced), ¼ of a small red onion (finely sliced), ¼ of a cucumber (peeled, seeded and sliced), ½ an avocado (diced), 1 tbsp each of parsley, coriander and mint, 25g (¾oz) pomegranate seeds and 1 handful of rocket.
- In another bowl combine 1 tbsp olive oil with 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp grated ginger, 1 tsp agave, ½ a garlic clove (crushed) and salt.
- Dress the quinoa salad and serve with grilled tofu slices (coat these with a blend of ½ tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp cumin, ½ tsp ground coriander and salt before grilling).
Dark rye crispbread with 1 small ripe banana (mashed) and cinnamon.
Tahini and date porridge
Porridge made with 4 tbsp oats and 275ml (9¼fl oz) fortified oat milk and 1 tsp of tahini and topped with 2 dates (chopped) and 2 tsp sesame seeds.
Zingy vegetable soup
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a pan. Add ½ a red onion (sliced), 1 tbsp grated ginger and 1 garlic clove (crushed) then fry.
- Add 200ml (6¾fl oz) veg stock, 1 celery stick (chopped) and 1 carrot (diced) and boil for 12 minutes.
- Add ½ a can of aduki beans, ½ a diced courgette, lemon zest and fresh coriander and boil for 5 minutes.
- Serve with 1 slice of rye bread.
Thai vegetable curry
- Make a paste by blitzing 2 spring onions, 1 garlic clove, ½ a lemongrass stalk, 1 lime leaf, ½ a red chilli, 1 tsp soy sauce, 2cm (¾in) piece of ginger (peeled) and 2 tsp groundnut oil in a food processor.
- Place the paste in a saucepan and heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 200ml (6¾fl oz) coconut milk, ½ a 400g (14oz) can of chickpeas, 1 handful of frozen soya beans and ½ a small red pepper (sliced) and 1 small handful of mange tout then cook for 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve in a bowl with chopped coriander and rice.
1 large carrot (chopped) with 2 tbsp reduced-fat hummus.
Creamy coconut smoothie
- Add ½ a small banana (frozen), ½ an avocado, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 75g (2¾oz)frozen blueberries, 1 pitted date and 100ml (3¼fl oz) coconut water to a blender and blitz.
- Place the thick smoothie in a bowl and top with 1 tsp each of nuts, seeds and coconut flakes.
Lentil burger and spring onion salad
- Add 1 tbsp sunflower seeds, ¼ of a small white cabbage (finely shredded), 50g (1¾oz) mange tout (sliced thinly), 1 spring onion (finely sliced), handful of coriander (chopped), 2 mint leaves (sliced), juice of ½ a lemon and 1 tbsp olive oil to a mixing bowl and combine well then set aside.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse 100g (3½oz) each of canned beluga (or puy) and red lentils then pat dry with kitchen roll.
- Place the lentils in a mixing bowl with ½ tsp cumin, ½ a spring onion (sliced), fresh coriander and mint (chopped), zest of ½ a lemon, 1 tbsp cashew nuts, 2 tbsp fortified soya milk and 2 tsp flour then mix well.
- Shape the mixture into a burger and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds before cooking in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve with salad.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6. Remove the leaves from ½ a small cauliflower and place the florets in a food processor, then blitz to a course, crumbly texture.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a lined baking tray, season with salt and pepper then roast in the oven for about 15 minutes until golden but still tender.
- Allow the cauliflower couscous to cool then place in a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil, juice of ½ a lemon, 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds, 1 tbsp pistachio kernels (chopped) and 1 tbsp each of chopped parsley, mint and coriander.
- Serve with 2 slices of vegan cheese alternative.
1 small apple (sliced) with 1 tbsp nut butter.
Get Rob’s high protein vegan meal plan here!